Register Early and Save! Register for Power Pilates Core Mat 1 and II before June 18th to save. http://ow.ly/xWUaf
Ok so you love Pilates. Maybe you love it so much it has become an obsession. Maybe you are so addicted you are keeping your day job just to fund your Pilates sessions . Perhaps you have reaped some of the benefits of Pilates- you are stronger, your posture has improved and your back pain has decreased and have thought of teaching it to others . Well why not become a Pilates teacher? Power Pilates Teacher Training has arrived in Fair Haven, NJ. Here are some reasons why you should consider it:
You can make a difference- It is true. Pilates teachers have a positive effect on people’s lives. As a teacher, you will actually be able to witness mental and physical changes in your students – not just in their physical being but in in their confidence and their mood . These changes don’t just happen over a course of time but sometimes in just one hour.
Good pilates instructors are in demand- People who suffer from pain and spinal conditions not only turn to Pilates for relief but for a safe way to keep their muscles strong and efficient. Athletes and health conscious people who understand the importance of core strength, longevity and flexibility so turn to Pilates . As long is these people,exist there is work available. If you are a well trained, competent instructor who can work with a broad range of populations people will seek you out.
Flexibility- And not just in the physical sense — Pilates teachers can have a flexible work schedule and decide what hours they would like to teach- great for a mom with young kids, a student, or someone looking for a part time job. With that said, it is also great for someone looking for a full time job or a career.
There is never a dull moment- Teaching Pilates is challenging and fun. There is lots of problem solving involved. You have to be an effective communicator. There are so many different bodies to teach and so many different body parts that need to work together to make an effective workout. With so much going on-you will never be bored. And if you are, there is always more to learn.
Perks-There are some perks that go on with working in the fitness industry. For one thing, the hourly pay is good- instructors can earn anywhere between $30 and $150 per a session or class. Fitness clothing stores will want to give you discounts. Personal trainers and massage therapist who want to network with you will work you out for free. You will have opportunities to give back to your community by donating Pilates sessions or classes to special causes. The Pilates Project in Fair Haven, NJ is an official Affiliate Teacher Training center for Power Pilates. Below is a list of upcoming teacher training and continuing education courses scheduled at the Pilates Project In Fair Haven, NJ. Power Pilates is a teacher training program committed to the art of teaching. With training centers worldwide, this classical, integrative, and systematic approach will not only teach you the exercises but how to effectively teach and inspire others. Core Mat I Teacher Training July 18-20, 2014 Core Mat II Teacher Training September 19-21, 2014 Comprehensive Program Teacher Training October 3-5, 2014 November 1-3, 2014 December 6-8, 2014 January 9-11, 2015 February 6-8, 2015
As a teacher of Pilates, I generally come across two types of students– those who love the Pilates mat work and those who usually get dragged there kicking and screaming. I have had clients who refuse to do any mat work — usually out of fear of feeling vulnerable to injury without the support of the spring.
It’s true. The mat work is very challenging. Mr. Pilates knew this. He created his original exercises on a mat – he invented the springs and apparatus because people were not successful on the mat.
Although not every exercise is for everybody–the Pilates mat is an integral part of the Pilates method and system and should not be ignored. Here are 5 reasons why the mat deserves your attention:
- You can do it anywhere. Have you ever been on vacation or snowed in with a sudden urge to move your spine? Even springless– without a Cadillac or reformer in sight, you can always get your Pilates fix on a mat. You don’t need any fancy equipment- just make sure you are using a thicker mat (a yoga mat is too thin and will not provide adequate cushioning for your spine.)
- It tells the truth. The mat exercises are like a great instructor–they will let you know what you need to work on. Example-the roll back bar will assist in spinal articulation, but how well can you do a roll up without the help of a spring? The mat reveals all your weaknesses and lets you know what muscles need to balance and strengthen.
- It exercises independence. The Pilates method is so empowering because it gives you the tools to be physically independent and move, twist, and bend everyday and as you age. Mr. Pilates believed so much in self sufficiency that he expected his students to take charge of own workout. There is nothing more independent than the mat work because it is all you.
- You will perspire- Part of the challenge of a pilates workout is to move continuously from one exercise to the next. Without sticky pads, boxes, and straps, the mat work makes it easier to flow and transition from one exercise to the next
- You will find your internal springs. You get to finally use all your training on the apparatus to find your internal springs on the mat. It’s a challenge for your mind and your body What can be more fun than doing single leg circles and imagining there is a spring attached your foot?