All Pilates Start Here
If you want to be a Pilates teacher there are dozens of ways to become one. All kinds of hybrid and fusion-inspired Pilates techniques can take you into the fitness field. But there’s only one path back in time to the original work. Real Pilates® trains you from the source, the primary technique, and methods created by Joseph Pilates himself.
You’ll learn every exercise, every variation, and every piece of equipment ever created by Joseph Pilates. You’ll learn how to train, how to challenge, and how to truly inspire your clients.
Over four seminars weekends, and 600 hours of practical and academic study you’ll become a bona fide expert in the classical system that was Joseph Pilates’ life’s work. As a 3rd generation instructor, you’ll get to carry on his legacy.
Pilates starts here. Learn the practice the way “Uncle Joe” invented it. We can show you how.
About Our Founder Alycea Ungaro
It was 1984 when Alycea took her 1st Pilates class and she never looked back. When she finally walked into Drago’s Gym to meet Romana Kryzanowska in 1993, she knew she had found her home in the Pilates method. Alycea has been a pioneer of the Pilates system bringing some of the first mat Pilates classes to NYC. Since her early teaching days, she has steadily expanded her original home studio into the Real Pilates® company. Spanning 3 NYC studios and an international training program, Alycea focuses daily on a single mission: inspire students to greatness, teachers to excellence and the industry to evolve and expand.
There are several paths you can take towards becoming a Real Pilates® teacher.
* The Comprehensive Program
* The Bridge Program
* Mat Certification
* Immersion program
This Could Be You!
ARE YOU READY TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE AND EXPLORE OUR AVAILABLE TRAINING PROGRAMS?
Real Pilates® COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING PROGRAM
2021 SEMINAR DATES:
May 14 – May 16
June 11 – June 13
July 23 – July 25
August 27 – August 29
All seminars are scheduled
1-7 p.m. (Fri/Sat)
9 a.m.-3 p.m. (Sun)
Tuition $4995 (Pandemic Price)/ Mandatory Training Package $2700 (payment plans available)
If you are ready to take the leap and train to become a Pilates instructor, the comprehensive program is the way to go. This one-of-a-kind 30-week program presented over 600 hours total is designed to develop your ability to teach and set you up for success as a professional Pilates instructor.
During the course of the program, you will learn to teach the system of Pilates on all apparatus including reformer, Cadillac, chairs, and barrels as well as small apparatus. You will learn to safely teach all fitness levels and progress a student from beginner to advanced.
THE 600 HOUR PROGRAM
* 4 Weekend Seminars led by Real Pilates® Teacher Training
* Access to The Pilates Project’s Fair Haven studio for self-practice and teaching
* Weekly Online Homework
* Observation Hours
* Unlimited Group Classes
* Weekly Private and Semi-Private Sessions
* Monthly Meetings
* Assessment Exams
* Assistant Teaching
* Paid Teaching Opportunities
Our training program includes a progressive monthly schedule, with a time commitment of approximately 18-22 hours per week. Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the initial assessment and interview process.
Real Pilates® BRIDGE PROGRAM
$4,200 plus the required session package at your designated Host studio.
What if you could do it all again? The Bridge Program is perfect for a comprehensively certified teacher who wants to advance their skillset and transform their teaching.
BRIDGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
RPTT Bridges have passed and completed a minimum 450-hour comprehensive program covering all apparatus in a comparable Pilates teacher training program.
GOALS OF BRIDGING
* To develop a new teaching style
* To grow a new teaching vocabulary
* To advance your vocal cueing, alignment and learn new hands-on techniques.
* To connect to the lineage of Joseph Pilates through the teachings of Romana Kryzanowska
* To identify as a 3rd generation teacher
At the end of our time together you should be able to say you have developed a completely new teaching skill set.
Real Pilates® MAT SYSTEM TRAINING
April 24th & 25th in New York City (all required hours can be completed in Fair Haven, New Jersey)
The Real Pilates® Mat program is perfect for someone who wants to dip their toes into teaching or for fitness professionals who would like to learn more about classical pilates. The program entails one 12 hour weekend and follow-up hours totaling 35 hours. Trainees have 30 days to complete their hours and test-out
*8 Required Group classes with a Real Pilates® Host Studio
* 5 Practice teaching classes on site
* 8 Hours Online Homework and Observation
* 2 Exam Hours
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
* Pilates Mat teaching technique for live and virtual clients
* Classical Pilates Mat Order across 2 Levels. Basic and Beginner
* Pilates principles and concepts, history and theory
* Self Practice Calendar
* Digital guidelines for teaching online
* Modifications and Advanced Variations
* Real Pilates® Graduate Certificate
If you decide to move on to the full comprehensive training, you’ll have 9 months from the completion of your mat course to apply your hours and a partial credit towards the comprehensive Real Pilates® Teacher Training.
Real Pilates® IMMERSION PROGRAM
Take a first step towards becoming a Pilates instructor. This 6-week course is designed for anyone who may be thinking about teaching classical Pilates or a Pilates enthusiast who would like to deepen their practice, get stronger and learn the work from another perspective.
* A Private and a Semi-Private Session each week for 6 weeks with a Real Pilates® Teacher
* A Real Pilates®’ self-practice study guide
* Access to the Pilates Project facility during business hours to work out.
* Access to an abridged 6 weeks online course via Canvas, RP’s online learning platform. This will expose you to the study format of Real Pilates® and help you begin to explore the critical thinking component of being a successful teacher. Complete weekly homework.
* Opportunities to assist Pilates Project Instructors and practice teaching.
* If you decide to enroll in the Real Pilates® Teacher Training program following the 6-week immersion, you will receive a program discount and 25 hours towards your certification.
What Others Are Saying…
REAL PILATES® AND PILATES PROJECT GAVE ME A REWARDING CAREER.
“NOW THAT I WORK IN THE INDUSTRY, I FEEL THAT THIS PROGRAM SET ME AHEAD OF MY PEERS BECAUSE IT SHOWED ME HOW TO WORK THE SYSTEM AS A WHOLE, UNDERSTAND HOW TO KEEP IT SIMPLE, HOW TO TRUST THE METHOD, AND HOW TO CUE FOR DIFFERENT BODIES AND WHAT THEY NEED IN THE MOMENT.”
THIS CLASSICAL PILATES PROGRAM IS REAL.
“THE PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO GIVE YOU ENOUGH TIME STUDYING THE METHODS AND THE BODY, PRACTICING ON YOURSELF AND TEACHING OTHERS RIGHT AFTER YOUR FIRST WEEKEND WORKSHOP. YOU WILL GET OUT OF IT WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT, BUT IT WAS AN AMAZING PROGRAM TO BE APART OF, IT CHALLENGES YOU, ITS FUN AND YOU WORK WITH SO MANY AWESOME EXPERIENCED TEACHERS THAT PROVIDE YOU ADDITIONAL TIPS AND TRAINING. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM TO THOSE THAT WANT TO BECOME A TRUE CLASSICAL PILATES TEACHER.”
BRIDGING TO REAL PILATES® WAS THE BEST THING I DID FOR MY PILATES CAREER.
“I WAS GIVEN TOOLS THAT CHANGED MY APPROACH TO TEACHING, FILLED IN THE BLANKS AND BOOSTED MY CONFIDENCE. MY SCHEDULE IS BOOKED AND MY CLIENTS ARE SEEING THE RESULTS.”
RTPP GAVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH SOME OF THE TOP INSTRUCTORS IN THE PILATES FIELD.
“I WAS GIVEN THE MORE THAN JUST THE TOOLS TO TEACH PILATES. I EARNED SERIOUS CONFIDENCE KNOWING THAT I HAD COMPLETED 600 HOURS OF TRAINING UNDER ALYCEA, SANDI, AND ALL THE OTHER SENIOR INSTRUCTORS THAT CONTRIBUTED TO MY PILATES EDUCATION.”
-MICHELLE OLSON/ RPTT 2019